Hasguard, a parish in Pembrokeshire, near the coast, 4½ miles WNW of Milford, and 7 SW of Haverfordwest. Post town, Little Haven, under Haverfordwest. Acreage, 1478; population of the civil parish, 114; of the ecclesiastical, 571. Several points command a fine view of the coast. The living is a rectory, with the vicarage of St Ishmael's annexed, in the diocese of St David's; gross value of Hasguard, £168. Patron, the Lord Chancellor.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Hasguard are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: