Granston, a parish in Pembrokeshire, near the coast, & miles SW of Fishguard and 13 NNW of Haverfordwest. Post town, Fishgnard (B.S.O.) Area of the parish, 1711 acres; population of the civil parish, 147; of the ecclesiastical, with St Nicholas, 390. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of St Nicholas, in the diocese of St David's;. gross value, £210 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St David's.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Granston are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: