Cosheston, a parish in Pembrokeshire, on a branch of Milford Haven, 2½ miles NNE of Pembroke, and 2½ ESE of New Milford. It has a post office under Pembroke; money order and telegraph office, Pembroke. Acreage, 1990, with 173 of tidal water and foreshore; population, 512. Cosheston House is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St David's; net value, £195 with residence. The church has recently been restored.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Pembroke||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Cosheston from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Pembroke Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Cosheston are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: