Camrose, a village and a parish in Pembrokeshire. The village stands on an affluent of the river Cleddau, 3½ miles NNW of Haverfordwest, and has a post office (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Haverfordwest. The parish includes also the villages of Keeston, Wolfsdale, and Pelcomb. Acreage, 8367; population, 833. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £49 with residence. There are two dissenting chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Camrose are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: