Bridell, a parish in Pembrokeshire, near the river Teifi, 1½ mile SW of Kilgerran station on the Whitland and Cardigan section of the G.W.R., and 2½ miles S by E of Cardigan, which is the post town. Acreage, 2219; population, 276. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Davids; gross value, £135. The church is ancient, and in good condition. It has recently been thoroughly restored. A St Catherine's cross is in the churchyard.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Cardigan||1837 - 1935|
|Registration district||Narberth||1936 - 1973|
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1973 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Bridell are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: