Brawdy, a parish in Pembrokeshire, near the coast, 6 miles E of St David's, and 9 NW by W of Haverfordwest. Post town, Penycwm (R.S.O.) Acreage, 5534, of which 60 are water; population of the civil parish, 477; of the ecclesiastical, with Hayscastle, 752. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Hayscastle, in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £325. Patron, the Bishop of St David's.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|County Court district||Haverfordwest|
|Poor Law union||Haverfordwest|
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The registers of baptisms and burials date from the year 1783, marriages 1754.
Church of England
St. David (parish church)
The church of St. David is an ancient building of stone, consisting of chancel, nave and one aisle, south porch and bell-turret, containing 1 bell. The church was restored in 1884 and affords 160 sittings.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Brawdy from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: