Boulston, a parish in Pembrokeshire, on the river Cleddau, 3 miles SE by S of Haverfordwest, which is the post town. Acreage, 1569 of land, and 199 of water and foreshore; population, 111. The living is a donative in the diocese of St David's. The church contains monuments of the Wogans.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|County Court district||Haverfordwest|
|Poor Law union||Haverfordwest|
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The register of baptisms and burials dates from the year 1799, marriages from 1833.
Church of England
dedication unknown (parish church)
The church is an ancient building of stone, in the Early English style, and consists of chancel and nave, and a turret containing 1 bell; there are some old monuments to the members of the Wogan family. The church affords 60 sittings.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Boulston from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Boulston are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: