Bletherston, a parish in Pembrokeshire, 2½ miles NW of Clynderwen station on the G.W.R., and 5 NW of Narberth, which is the post town. Acreage, 2398; population, 236. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llawhaden, in the diocese of St David's.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|County Court district||Narberth|
|Poor Law union||Narberth|
|Registration district||Narberth||1837 - 1973|
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1973 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The register of baptisms and burials only, dates from the year 1654.
Church of England
St. Mary (parish church)
The chapel of St. Mary is an ancient building of stone, in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel with south aisle, nave, south aisle, south porch, and a western belfry containing 1 bell: the church was restored in 1887 at a cost of £594, and affords 65 sittings.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bletherston from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Bletherston are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: