Marros, a parish in Carmarthenshire, on Carmarthen Bay, 4 miles E of Kilgetty station on the Pembroke and Tenby railway, and 6 WSW of Laugharne. Post town, Pendine, under St Clears. Acreage, 2344, with 400 of adjacent foreshore; population, 125. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £78. Patron, the "Vicar of Laugharne. The church was thoroughly restored in 1894-95.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Narberth||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Marros from 1837 to 1935 you should search for the Narberth Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Marros are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: