Llanybri, a village and an ecclesiastical parish in LIanstephan parish, Carmarthenshire, on the river Towy, opposite Ferryside station on the G.W.R., and 2 miles N of Llan-stephan. There is a post office under Carmarthen; money order and telegraph office, Llanstephan. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1863. Population, 338. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £140 with residence. The church was erected in 1852, and has been restored. There are two Congregational chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llanybri are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: