Llanwinio, a village and a parish in Carmarthenshire. The village stands near the source of the Afon Cynin, an affluent of the Taff, 4¼ miles SE of Llanfyrnach station on the Whitland and Cardigan branch of the G.W.R., and 11 NW by W of Carmarthen. Post town, Carmarthen. The parish comprises 7143 acres; population, 747. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £140. The church is dedicated to St Gwyno. There is a Calvin-istic Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Carmarthen||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanwinio from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Carmarthen Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llanwinio are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: