Llansadwm, a village and a parish in Carmarthenshire. The village stands on a branch of the river Towy, 2¼ miles N by W of Llangadock. There is a post office under Llanwrda (R.S.O.); money order office, Llanwrda; telegraph office, Llangadock. The parish comprises 7521 acres; population of the civil parish, 849; of the ecclesiastical, 1447. Abermarlais is the chief residence, and occupies the site of the seat of Rhys ab Thomas. The land is hilly. The living is a vicarage, united with the perpetual curacy of Llanwrda, in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £200 with residence. The church is good. There are almshouses for four maiden gentlewomen and a free school, both of them founded and endowed in 1731 by Lady L. Cornwallis. There are Congregational and Calvinistic Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Llandovery||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: