Llansadurnen, a parish in Carmarthenshire, on the Carmarthen Bay, 1¼ mile SW of Laugharne, and 5 miles S by E of St Clears station on the G.W.R. Post town, Laugharne, under St Clears. It contains the hamlet of Brook. Acreage, 1473; population, 156. Limestone is worked. The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Laugharne, in the diocese of St David's; joint net value, £200 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Winchester. The church was rebuilt in 1861, is in the Decorated English style, and consists of nave and chancel, with transept, south porch, and tower. There is a chapel of ease at Brook and a Baptist chapel at PIashett. Judge Powell, who tried the seven bishops, resided at Broadway.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Carmarthen||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llansadurnen from 1837 to 1935 you should search for the Carmarthen Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llansadurnen are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: