UK Genealogy Archives logo

Llanpumpsaint, Carmarthenshire

Historical Description

Llanpumpsaint, a parish in Carmarthenshire, 6½ miles N of Carmarthen. It has a station on the Carmarthen and Cardigan branch of the G.W.R., and a post office (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Carmarthen. Acreage, 6634; population, 814. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £300 withf residence. Patron, the Vicar of Abergwili.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Registration districtCarmarthen1837 - 1974

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.

For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanpumpsaint from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Carmarthen Registration District.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: