Llannon, a parish in Carmarthenshire, under Mynydd Mawr (or the Great) Mountain, 4¼ miles NW of Pontardulais station on the G.W.R., and 6 NE of Llanelly. It has a post and money order office under Llanelly; telegraph office, Cross-hands. It contains, besides Llannon village, the colliery district of Tumble, and also most of Crosshands, another such district. Acreage, 11,389; population, 2104. There are fairs on 6 July and 12 Dec. Coal and ironstone are mined, and building-stone is quarried. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £148 with residence. The church is dedicated to St Non, and is good. There are Baptist, Congregational, and Calvinistic Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Llanelly||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llannon from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Llanelly Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llannon are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: