Llanllawddog, a parish in Carmarthenshire, on the river Gwili, 63- miles E by N of Conwil station on the Carmarthen and Cardigan branch of the G.W.R., 6 NNE of Carmarthen, and 2 from Llanpumpsaint station on the G.W.K. It contains part of the village of Rhydargaean, and its post town is Llanpumpsaint (R.S.O.) Acreage, 7188; population, 611. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £300 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Abergwili. The church is dedicated to St Llawddog. There are Calvinistic Methodist and Congregational chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Carmarthen||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanllawddog from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Carmarthen Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llanllawddog are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: