Llangennech, a parish in Carmarthenshire, on the river Loughor, 4½ miles NE by N of Llanelly. It has a station on the Llanelly, Llandilo, and Llandovery branch of the G.W.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office (RS.O.) Acreage, 2383; population, 2115. Llangennech Park is the chief residence. There are tinplate works. The Loughor here is a sluggish and mud-banked stream. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £203 with residence. The church is dedicated to St Gwynog, is ancient, and was restored in 1885. There are Baptist, Congregational, and Calvinistic Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Llanelly||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llangennech from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Llanelly Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llangennech are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: