Llangendeirne, a village and a parish in Carmarthenshire. The village stands on Gwendraeth-fach rivulet, 5 miles SE of Carmarthen; is a considerable place, and has a post office under Kidwelly; money order and telegraph office, Kidwelly. The parish contains also the hamlets of Bleine, Cilcarw, Glynn, Gwempa, Terracoed, and Velyndre. Acreage, 12,028; population, 2272. Coal, iron-ore, limestone, and good marble are found. The living is a vicarage, united with the chapelry of Pontyfaes, in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £150 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church is dedicated to St Cyndeyrn. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Carmarthen||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llangendeirne from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Carmarthen Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: