Llanfihangel Abercowin, Carmarthenshire
Llanfihangel Abercowin, a parish in Carmarthenshire. There was formerly a village, but it has become extinct. It stood on the river Taff, at the influx of the Cowyn, 2 miles N of Laugharne, and 3 SSE of St Clears station on the G.W.R. The parish contains the villages of Pentre and Bankyfelin, and its post town is St Clears. Acreage, 5311; population of the civil parish, 810; of the ecclesiastical, 805. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £300. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. Five rudely sculptured stones, called the Pilgrims' stones, are in the churchyard. There are two Calvinistic Methodist and a Baptist chapel in the parish.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Carmarthen||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanfihangel Abercowin from 1837 to 1935 you should search for the Carmarthen Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: