Llanedy, a village and a parish in Carmarthenshire, on the river Loughor, at the boundary with Glamorgan, 2 miles N of Pontardulais station on the G.W.R. and L. & N.W.R., and 8½ NE by N of Llanelly. Post town, Pontardulais (R.S.O.) Acreage of parish, 5678; population, 2596. A market-house, with a large hall for concerts, &c., was erected in 1883, but is not used now for markets. There are tinplato works. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £275. The church was rebuilt in 1861, is in a Transition style from Early English to Decorated, and consists of nave and chancel, with vestry and tower. There are Baptist, Calvinistic Methodist, and Congregational chapels, and a chapel of ease at Hendy.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Llanelly||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanedy from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Llanelly Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: