Llandowror, a parish in Carmarthenshire, near the river Taff, 2½ miles SW of St Clears station on the G.W.R., and 3½ NW by N of Laughame. It has a post office under St Clears; money order and telegraph office, St Clears. Acreage, 1768; population, 264. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £166 with residence. The church contains a monument to a former rector, G. Jones, by Mrs Bevan, the founder of the Welsh circulating schools. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Carmarthen||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llandowror from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Carmarthen Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: