Llandilo Abercowin, Carmarthenshire
Llandilo Abercowin, a parish in Carmarthenshire, at the influx of the river Cywyn to the Taff, 3 miles SE by S of St Clears station on the G.W.R., and 8 SW of Carmarthen. Post town, St Clears. Acreage, 821; population, 65. An hospital for pilgrims stood near the church, and has left some remains. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £63.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Carmarthen||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llandilo Abercowin from 1837 to 1935 you should search for the Carmarthen Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: