Llanddarog, a parish in Carmarthenshire, on the river Gwendraeth Fawr, 6 miles ESE of Carmarthen. It has a post office under Carmarthen; money order and telegraph office, Carmarthen. Acreage, 4551; population, 978. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £140 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church is dedicated to St Twrog and is good. There are traces of an ancient chapel, and also two Calvinistic Methodist,. a Congregational, and Baptist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Carmarthen||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanddarog from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Carmarthen Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llanddarog are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: