Llandawke, a parish in Carmarthenshire, near the mouth of the river Taff, 1½ mile W by N of Langharne, and 5½ miles S of St Clears station on the G.W.R. Post town, Laugharne, under St Clears. Acreage, 610; population of the civil parish, 21; of the ecclesiastical, 186. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Pendine, in the diocese of St David's; net value, £74 with residence. The church of St Margaret, Marlos, is ancient, and was repaired in 1885.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Carmarthen||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llandawke from 1837 to 1935 you should search for the Carmarthen Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llandawke are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: