Abergorlech, a village and a chapelry in Carmarthenshire, at the confluence of the Gorlech with the Cothi, 8 miles N of Llanarthney station on the Central Wales and Carmarthen Junction branch of the L. & N.W.R. It has a post office under Nantgaredig (R.S.O.); money order office, Llan-sawel; telegraph office, Nantgaredig railway station. The chapelry is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St David's; net value, £158. Patron, the Lord Chancellor.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Abergorlech are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: