Kilrhedyn or Cilrhedyn, Carmarthenshire
Kilrhedyn or Cilrhedyn, a parish in Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire, on the river Cych, 5 miles SSW of Newcastle Emiyn. It contains the villages of Capel Evan, Cwmcych, Cwmmorgan, and Blananllyn. Post town, Newcastle Emiyn, under Llandyssil. Acreage of the Pembrokeshire portion, 2193; population, 193. Acreage of the Carmarthenshire portion, 5778; population, 751. Kilrhedyn Castle is now a ruin. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St David's; commuted tithe, £378. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was rebuilt in 1863, and "is in the Decorated English style, of local stone, with Bath stone dressings. The churchyard contains a monumental stone with Ogham inscription.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: