UK Genealogy Archives logo

Gwynfe, Carmarthenshire

Historical Description

Gwynfe, a chapelry in Llangadock parish, Carmarthenshire, under the Black mountains, 4½ miles S of Llangadock. It has a post office under Llangadock (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Llangadock. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £168. Patron, the Vicar of Llangadock. There are two Congregational chapels. Population, 561.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: