UK Genealogy Archives logo

Felin Foel, Carmarthenshire

Historical Description

Felin Foel, an ecclesiastical parish in Llanelly parish, Carmarthenshire, 1 mile N of Llanelly. It was constituted in 1879. It has a post and money order office under Llanelly; telegraph office, Llanelly. Population, 3936. The living is a perpetual curacy, united with St John's, Ponty-berem, and Graiglwyd, in the diocese of Sfc David's; net value, £276 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church was erected in 1858, and -was formerly a chapel of ease to the parish church of Llanelly. There are Baptist and Calvinistic Methodist chapels.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: