Dryslwyn, a hamlet in Llangathen parish, Carmarthenshire, on the river Towy, 4¼ miles WSW of Llandilo-fawr. It has a station on the L. & N.W.R., and a post office under Golden Grove (R.S.O.); money order office, Llandilo; telegraph office, Go'den Grove railway station. Dryslwyn Castle here, on the summit of a large hill, comprises extensive earthworks, ivy-clad walls, and a tower of a castle erected by one of the princes of the house of Dynevor.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Dryslwyn are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: