Derwydd, a hamlet in Llandebie parish, Carmarthenshire, on the river Cennen, 4 miles S of Llandeilo-fawr. Derwydd Road station on the G.W.R. is east of the hamlet. Derwydd House belonged to Sir Harry Vaughan, who commanded in the army of Charles I.; belonged afterwards to the Stepneys; and contains some furniture of the time of Henry VIII.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Derwydd are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: