Dafen, an ecclesiastical parish, formed in 1879 from Llanelly parish, Carmarthenshire, 2 miles SE of Llanelly. It has a post and money order office under Llanelly; telegraph office, Llanelly. Population, 4194. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £200 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church was built in 1874. There is a Baptist chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Dafen are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: