Lledrod, a parish in Cardiganshire, between the rivers Ystwyth and Teify, 2¼ miles SW of Trawscoed station on the Manchester and Milford railway, and 7 miles NNW of Tre-garon. It contains a village of its own name, and is divided into the townships of Lower Lledrod and Upper Lledrod, and its post town is Aberystwyth. Acreage of Lower Lledrod, 4312; population, 533. Acreage of Upper Lledrod, 4564; population, 351. The manor belongs to the Crown. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £235. Patron, the Bishop of St David's.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is online.
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Lledrod are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: