Llamlar, a parish in Cardiganshire, on the river Ystwyth, 6 miles SE of Aberystwyth. It comprises the two townships of Llanilar Lower and Llanilar Upper, has a station on the Manchester and Milford railway, and a post, money order, and telegraph office (R.S.O.) Acreage, 6429; population of the civil parish, 714; of the ecclesiastical, 847. Birch Grove, Liidiardau, Abermaed, and Castle Hill are chief residences. The living is a vicarage, with the rectory of Rhostie annexed, in the diocese of St David's; net value, £180 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church is dedicated to St Hilary. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is online.
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: