Llanddewi Aberarth, Cardiganshire
Llanddewi Aberarth, a village and a parish in Cardiganshire. The village stands on the coast, at the mouth of the river Arth, 1 mile NE of Aberayron, and 13 NW of Lampeter. The parish contains also part of the town of Aberayron, which has a post, money order, and telegraph office (R.S.O.) Acreage, 4131; population of the civil parish, 1313; of the ecclesiastical, 1238. Remains of a fortified tamp, called Castell Cadwgan, are near the shore. The Aberayron Workhouse is here. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £267. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church is dedicated to St David, is ancient, and has been rebuilt. See ABERAYRON.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Aberayron||1837 - 1921|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanddewi Aberarth from 1837 to 1921 you should search for the Aberayron Registration District.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is online.
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: