UK Genealogy Archives logo

Gartheli, Cardiganshire

Historical Description

Gartheli, a township and a chapelry in Llanddewi-Brefi parish, Cardiganshire, near the river Ayron, 6¼ miles WSW of Tregaron. Post town, Lampeter (R.S.O.) Acreage, 2516; population, 262. The living is a vicarage, united with Bettw Leithi, in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £175. Patron, the incumbent of Llanddewi-Brefi. The church is good.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Registration districtTregaron1837 - 1936
Registration districtCardiganshire Central1936 - 1974

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Land and Property

A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is online.

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Gartheli are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online:

CountyCeredigion
RegionWales
CountryWales
Postal districtSA48