Cwmrheidol, a township in Llanbadarn-fawr parish, Cardiganshire, on the river Rheidol, 1 mile SE of Aberystwith. Acreage, 13,701; population, 878. It has a Calvinistic, Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Aberystwyth||1837 - 1936|
|Registration district||Cardiganshire North||1936 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is online.
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Cwmrheidol are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: