Llanarmon or Llanarmon-yn-Ial or Llanarmon-yn-Yale, a parish in Denbighshire and Flintshire, on the river Alyn, 5 miles ESE of Ruthin. It has a post office under Mold; money order and telegraph office, Pontybodkin. Acreage of the Denbighshire portion, 9517; population, 1284. Acreage of the Flintshire portion, 2357; population, 88. Population of the ecclesiastical parish of Llanarmon-yn-lal, 833; of that of Erryrys, 539. The surface is rugged and mountainous, includes much of the " wild hills of Yale," and is dominated by Cefn-y-Brain, rising to an altitude of 1844 feet. Tommen-y-Fardre Fort and Bwlch Agricola Pass are in the neighbourhood. Lead mines are at Erryrys. PIas Bodidris is an old seat. A castle of Owen Gwynedd was at Yale. There are many tumuli, in which urns containing the ashes of burnt bones have been found. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £302 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. The church contains effigies of a knight and of Abbot Grnfydd-ap-Llewelyn of Valle Crucis, monuments of the Lloyds, and a curious brass chandelier, supposed to have been brought from Valle Crucis Abbey. The rectory of Erryrys is a separate benefice. There are Congregational and Wesleyan chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: