Higher Kinnerton, Flintshire
Kinnerton, Higher, a township in Dodleston parish, Flintshire, contiguous to Cheshire, 6 miles SW by W of Chester. It has a station on the Chester and Denbigh branch of the L. & N.W.R., and a post office under Chester; money order office, Chester; telegraph office, Caergwrle. Acreage, 1825; population, 438. There is a new church (All Saints) and a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Great Boughton||1837 - 1869|
|Registration district||Chester||1870 - 1902|
|Registration district||Hawarden||1903 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Higher Kinnerton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: