St Erme, Cornwall
Erme, St, a parish in Cornwall, 3½ miles NNE of Truro station on the G.W.R. Post town, Truro. Acreage, 4552; population, 462. Barrows occur on the hills. An extensive mine, which employed many of the inhabitants, was once worked, but has been stopped for many years. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Truro; net value, £370. The church was rebuilt in 1820.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Truro|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for St Erme from the following:
Online maps of St Erme are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:
- Royal Cornwall Gazette
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser
- Lake's Falmouth Packet and Cornwall Advertiser
We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.