Golftyn, a township in Northop parish, Flintshire, on the river Dee, near Connah's Quay station on the L. & N.W.R., 3½ miles SW of Flint. Some of the inhabitants are employed in fishing and in mining.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Golftyn are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: