Marchwiel, a township and a parish in Denbighshire. The township lies on the river Clywedog, near the river Dee and Wat's Dyke, 2 miles SE of Wrexham. It has a post office under Wrexham; money order and telegraph office, Wrexham. The parish contains also the township of Sont-ley. Acreage, 3397; population, 648. Marchwiel Hall was a seat of the Broughtons. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £444 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. The church was restored in 1788, and contains a monument to Miss Yorke of Erddig.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Wrexham||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: