Llanynys, a parish in Denbighshire, on the river Clwyd, around Rhewl station on the L. & N.W.R., 4 miles N by W of Ruthin. It contains the townships of Trefechan, Rhy-donen, Maesmancymro, Bryncaredig, Bachymbyd, and Es-ceibon. Post town, Ruthin (B.S.O.) Acreage, 5107; population, 641. Bachymbyd and Rhydyeilgwyn are seats of Lord Bagot. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £210 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. The church was renovated in 1862, and has two fine E windows.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Ruthin||1837 - 1894|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanynys from 1837 to 1894 you should search for the Ruthin Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llanynys are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: