UK Genealogy Archives logo

Llansaintffraid Glan Conway, Denbighshire

Historical Description

Llansaintffraid-Glan-Conway, a village and a parish in Denbighshire. The village stands on the river Conway, at the boundary with Carnarvonshire, 2 miles SE by E of Con-way, and has a station, called Glan Conway, on the Bettws-y-Coed branch of the L. & N.W.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office of the same name, under Conway. The parish consists of the townships of Llan, Deunant, Trallwyn, and Tre-BwIl, and comprises an area of 6281 acres, with 80 of adjacent tidal water and 361 of foreshore; population of the civil parish, 1103; of the ecclesiastical, 1028. There is a cromlech near Bryn-y-Pobty. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £234. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. The church is in good condition, and there are Baptist, Congregational, and Calvinistic Methodist chapels.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: