Llanrhaiadr in Kinmerch, Denbighshire
Llanrhaiadr-in-Kinmerch, a village and a parish in Denbighshire. The village stands adjacent to Llanrhaiadr station on the Denbigh, Corwen, and Ehyl branch of the L. & N.W.R., U miles SE of Denbigh, and has a post office, of the name of Llanrhaiadr, under Denbigh; money order and telegraph office, Denbigh. The parish contains the townships of Llan, Cader, Trefydd, Bychain, Lewesog, Llech, Llwyn, Clicudeg, Prion, and Segrwyd. Acreage, 17,238; population of the civil parish, 1653; of the ecclesiastical, 823. Llanrhaiadr Hall is the seat of the Price family. The eminence called Gwladus' Chair commands a fine view. There is a waterfall, and from that arose the name Llanrhaiadr, which signifies " a church of a waterfall." Limestone, agates, and traces of copper ore are found. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £400 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. The church is partly Perpendicular, and was restored in 1882; it is a large building with a good timber roof, and a famous E window, elaborately showing the genealogy of Christ, and contains a curious monument to Maurice Jones. The vicarage of Prion is a separate benefice. There are three Calvin-istie Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Ruthin||1837 - 1894|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: