Llannefydd or Llanefydd, Denbighshire
Llannefydd or Llanefydd, a village and a parish in Denbighshire. The village stands on the river Aled, 5 miles W of Trefnant station on the L. & N.W.R., and 6 NW of Denbigh. It has a post office under Trefnant (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Trefnant. The parish contains the townships of Beren, Bodysyaw, Carwedfynydd, Dinas-gadfal, Llechryd, Mofoniog, Penporchell, and Talybryn. Acreage, 7606; population, 811. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £218 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. The church is dedicated to St Nefydd and St Mary, and was restored in 1859. There are Baptist and Calvinistic Methodist chapels.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: