Llanfwrog, a parish in Denbighshire, on the river Clwyd, containing part of Rnthin borough, and including the townships of Pen-y-Coed, Cil-y-Groestwyd, Bodlyngharad Isaf, Bodlyngharad Uchaf, and Caltegfa. Post town, Ruthin (R.S.O.) Acreage, 3209; population, 1260. Pool Park is the seat of Lord Bagot, was rebuilt in 1828, and is in the Tudor style. Woodlands and Plas Newydd also are chief residences. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £310. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church has some rather singular architectural features. There are Baptist and Calvinistic Methodist chapels, and an hospital for ten poor persons, erected in 1708, which was founded and endowed by Lady Jane Bagot.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Ruthin||1837 - 1894|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanfwrog from 1837 to 1894 you should search for the Ruthin Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llanfwrog are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: