Llanferras, a village and a parish in Denbighshire, on the river Alyn, 4 miles SW of Mold, and 5½ ENE of Ruthin. There is a post office under Mold; money order and telegraph office, Mold. Acreage, 3867; population, 560. Lead mines have been largely worked. The summit of a hill-range, to the S of the village, commands a fine view of the vale of the Alyn Clwyd and of the town of Ruthin. The living is a, rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; commuted value, £325. Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church is dedicated to St Berres, and has been beautifully restored. There are Wesleyan and Calvinistic chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Ruthin||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanferras from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Ruthin Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: