Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd, Denbighshire
Llanfair-Dyffryn-Clwyd, a parish in Denbighshire, on the upper part of the river Clwyd, 2 miles SE of Ruthin. It has a post office under Ruthin (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Ruthin. Acreage, 7480; population, 962. The manor belongs to the Bishop of Bangor. An ancient camp, called Y Caerau, occupies about 7 acres. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £143 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. The church is Later English, has some stained glass windows, and contains some old monuments.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Ruthin||1837 - 1894|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd from 1837 to 1894 you should search for the Ruthin Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: