Llandymog, a small village and a parish in Denbighshire. The village is situate about 4 miles from Denbigh. It has a post and money order office under Denbigh; telegraph office, Denbigh. There is a reading-room and library. The parish reaches from the river Clwyd to the Moel Fammau range of mountains. Acreage, 3371; population, 499. On the top of Pen-y-Cloddiau, a peak 1460 feet high, there is an ancient British camp of the triple circumrotated type. The chief residences in the parish are Glanywern Hall (now converted into a lunatic asylum) and Pentremawr. The parish is an entirely agricultural one, without one resident landlord. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £486 with residence. The church was restored in 1878.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: