UK Genealogy Archives logo

Llandegia, Denbighshire

Historical Description

Llandegia, a village and a parish in Denbighshire. The village stands on the upper part of the river Alyn, under Cyrn-y-Brain Mountain, 7 miles SE of Ruthin, and has a post office under Mold; money order and telegraph office, Adwyrclawdd. The parish comprises 3475 acres; population, 332. A well, at the village, was long held in superstitious veneration, under a belief that its waters, when used with certain elaborate ceremonies, were a cure for epilepsy. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; gross value, £300 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. The church is dedicated to St Tecla.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: